Pre-writing strokes lay the necessary foundation in children's motor skills for writing numbers and letters with proper formation, orientation and accuracy. All of the pre-writing strokes are what make up the formation of letters and numbers. Pre-writing activities can also help children with coordination, wrist movement and grip strength. The sequencing of pre-writing strokes are...
● Vertical Line- Age 2 imitates, age 3 copies/masters
● Horizontal Line - Age 2 1⁄2 imitates, age 3 copies/masters
● Circle Shape - Age 2 1⁄2 imitates, and 3 copies/masters
● Cross Shape (+) - Age 3 1⁄2 imitates, and 4 copies
● Square Shape - Age 4
● Right/Left Diagonal Line - Age 4 1⁄2
● Triangle - Age 5 Activities to do with your child to encourage pre-writing at home. https://www.rch.org.au/uploadedfiles/main/content/ot/infosheet_h.pdf